skip to main | skip to sidebar

Pages

Thursday, March 12, 2009

Saif's production house to specially pen roles for Kareena

Kareena Kapoor has always been selective in her choice of roles; now, she's also paying attention to the depth of her roles.

Substantial, please!

http://mid-day.com/imagedata/2009/mar/kareena123.jpg

It is believed that when Sohail Khan approached her for his home production, starring himself and brother Salman, Bebo asked him to have her role rewritten to make it more substantial Sohail did so.

The actress says, "Main Aur Mrs Khanna is a girl's story and Sohail and Salman have great roles."

Would she consider having a role written especially for her? She says, "Saif has a production house and he asks me what roles I want to do and that he will have them written for me. I am very lucky. One film I am dying to do is Mamma Mia! it's brilliant.

I love Meryl Streep and only watch her films! I would love to do a Mother India too, but who can write such good scripts today?"

A point to prove

Bebo continues, "I have always been clear about what roles I want to do. If someone says I can't do a role, I instantly take it up as a point to prove be it a 22-year-old sex worker in Chameli or playing Dolly Mishra in a male-dominated Omkara.

I've done it without any sugar daddy to thank. It is sheer hard work and dedication and the faith of my wonderful directors Sudhir Mishra, Imtiaz Ali, Vishal Bhardwaj, Rensil D'Silva, Raju Hirani and Saabir Khan among others."

Do me a favour, don't play Holi

Kareena whose family started the trend of Holi bashes didn't play this year. "I slept and caught up on all that I missed out while attending Amu's wedding last week.

I stopped playing Holi as the colours stay and then it becomes difficult to shoot. I miss my grandfather's parties at RK Studios. He took that with him when he left. Now no Kapoor celebrates the festival in a big way.

I remember as a child full of awe watching the stars who would come to attend grandfather's Holi bash from Dilip uncle to all the actresses of that time."

0 comments:

Post a Comment