skip to main | skip to sidebar

Pages

Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Sonam's 1st Bollywood Actress to get specially designed Chanel Gown

Sonam Kapoor's metamorphosis as a fashion diva came full circle on Saturday night at the Filmfare awards. She became the only Bollywood actress to wear a specially-designed gown by Chanel.

http://mid-day.com/imagedata/2009/mar/sonam1.jpg

Feel like Cinderella

The ebullient actress could barely contain her excitement. "I just kept staring at the beautiful, basic but simple white gown they sent me.

Yes, I think I'm the first Indian celebrity to be dressed by Chanel in Bollywood. I'm so excited. I felt like Cinderella before the ball. Never before have I been so excited about dressing up for an event."

Apparently, after seeing Sonam's spate of sophisticated magazine covers, Chanel voluntarily decided to send her a gown from their special-celebrity closet.

"That's right. My off-shoulder gown came from their special-celebrity collection," laughs Sonam triumphantly. "They just flew over three Chanel gowns for me to choose from.

I liked the white one. I prefer light shades. And I avoid accessories. They take away from the basic look of your clothes.

And what Chanel sent me for the Filmfare awards certainly needed no enchancement. It was divine, per se."

A lot of designers are comparing Sonam to Penelope Cruz. "It was Sanjay Leela Bhansali who first compared me to her. I think it's a huge compliment.

It isn't as if I'm making a conscious effort to dress fashionably. I wear what I'm comfortable in."

Sonam loves dressing up in light shades and avoids accessories.

0 comments:

Post a Comment