skip to main | skip to sidebar

Pages

Tuesday, January 27, 2009

I don’t Support Big B: Sonam Kapoor

The occasion was to announce Worldwide Media’s title sponsorship agreement with IDEA Cellular Ltd for the 54th Filmfare awards. But guess who hogged the limelight? The vivacious Sonam Kapoor! And why not? Her ‘Delhi 6’ opposite Abhishek Bachchan is ready for release...

http://www.bollywood-stars.net/images/sonam2kapoor.jpg

We spoke to her on the obvious, and much more.

Excerpts:

What is so special about ‘Delhi 6’?
Sonam Kapoor: I love Delhi. I love the food here; Chhole Bhature, Golgappas and chaat at Chandni Chowk. My family lives here. So obviously shooting in Delhi was fun. Working with Abhishek and Rakeysh Mehra was special too!

Your favourite song from ‘Delhi 6’ is...
Sonam Kapoor: I love animals so Masakalli obviously! It is about me, a free-spirited bird. During the shooting I developed a bond with this pigeon. The way Masakalli is composed, sung and shot makes it special.

‘Saawariya’ bombed at the BO, are you scared for ‘Delhi 6’?
Sonam Kapoor: I am hopeful and have high expectations from the movie. I got what I wanted from ‘Saawariya’, so I am happy!

Last year the Filmfare went to Deepika. Were you upset?
Sonam Kapoor: Yes I was. But as I said I got a lot from ‘Saawariya’ - endorsements, popularity, and ‘Delhi 6’. I am young, invincible, and on top of the world. Should I be upset?!

Your dad Anil Kapoor is part of the ‘Slumdog...’ phrnomenon. How does it feel?
Sonam Kapoor: We attended ‘Slumdog Millionaire’s premiers and did bhangra on the red carpet. The movie is about triumph of underdog, love, and India as it is. I am proud of it.

Your response on Big B’s disgust and Anil Kapoor’s performance...
Sonam Kapoor: It’s a democracy and everyone has a right to say what he/she feels. I don’t’ support Amitabh ji’s opinion. SRK in KBC, Big B in KBC, and my dad in ‘Slumdog Millionaire’: well, my dad is the best!

Anil Kapoor says he never gets awards...
Sonam Kapoor: Ghar mein itne saare to pade hain... He is a liar. How can you trust him?

0 comments:

Post a Comment