skip to main | skip to sidebar

Pages

Wednesday, January 21, 2009

People think I have attitude: Kangna Ranaut

Kangna Ranaut’s character in Fashion didn’t go down too well with the audience and she admits there might have been a problem in getting the message across to them.

Kangna Ranaut

But not one to mope, she’s moved on from high-glam fashion to a scary thriller. And what’s more, she’s pairing up with off-screen beau Adhyayan Suman. But her new relationship is not something Kangna wishes to discuss. “He doesn’t like both of us talking about our relationship and I don’t give much attention to comments made about us. Everyone knows we’re seeing each other, but we want people to talk about our movie,” she says.

Kangna’s fab body has also been talking point. The secret, she says, is yoga, which has taken her in the right direction. “I was 18 when I started my film career. Having control of my life and moving in the right direction is not a miracle. Meditation and yoga have helped me reach a certain level,” she says.

She’s been quite open to flaunting her fab bod. There was the wardrobe malfunction reprisal in Fashion and lately, Dabboo Ratnani’s calendar that shows her with much of her bustline on display. But Kangna refuses to be drawn into a discussion about that.

Having portrayed different characters, Kangna believes her versatility is now her strength. “I read 50 scripts before I did Fashion, while I sat at home for six months. I want to do films that excite the audience. I’ve seen heroines who’ve done just one film with Shah Rukh Khan and Aamir Khan become stars overnight. But even after Gangster, nobody was interested in knowing who Kangna was. Today, I make sure my roles really attract people,” she says.

The Himachal girl, who enjoys her solitude, has been crowned the new Miss Attitude of Bollywood. Has success gone to her head? “I come from the mountains, which is a different world. I’m not keen to know what’s happening outside. I don’t like parties. I like my space. I like to cook and eat myself and am selective about my friendships. That’s why others think I have attitude, and I don’t care about that either,” says Kangna, who’s happy people find her work satisfactory. “Film-makers who’ve cast me once have done it again. I don’t have to explain the other aspects of my life to anyone,” she says.

0 comments:

Post a Comment